Baccarat online is a casino game which has been played for centuries in real world. It was not very common in Europe, however now this fun game is becoming more and more popular. Baccarat online game is being played with 52 playing cards. The aim is to get as close as possible to the 9. Check the best baccarat online casinos below, read our game guide and play like a pro for real money!
Best Baccarat online casinos
The history of the game is not completely clear, there are several different stories. Most likely the game baccarat has its origin in Italy; baccarat is the Italian word for zero value. From Italy it dispersed to the rest of the world. The game is very popular in Asia and China. Probably because these countries have a preference for games of luck, and baccarat is certainly one of this!
Play baccarat online for fun
In America there is mini baccarat, in Asia they a wide range of baccarat types and in Europe they favor Chemin de fer and European baccarat.
But if you know the main features of online Baccarat you can play almost each type. We do recommend you to always check the website of the online casino at which you are playing. There can be minor differences in the rules of the game, the payout percentages and the height of the bets.
We will shortly illustrate the above mentioned types of online Baccarat:
- Chemin de fer: This is French for railway. This type of baccarat online is probably named like this because if the dealer loses he/she has to pass the cards to the next player. Instead of one banker, each player is at his/her turn the dealer.
- European Baccarat: you have the opportunity to pass at a 5 point score. The banker is allowed to pass or play in every situation.
- Punto banco: instead of playing with one hand of cards you are allowed to play with two hands of cards. There is always a regular dealer.
- Mini Baccarat: this type of baccarat online is played on half a table which makes it more easily and clearly. It is also allowed to play with lower wages. This all makes it more accessible for the new baccarat player to start with. There is also a regular dealer.
Baccarat online strategies for UK players
Baccarat online is a game of chance, nevertheless some strategies have been developed over the past few years. Bear in mind that these are no insurance for making profit. We will describe them here but they are only hints.
- To bet on the dealer/banker: the advantage for the player at online baccarat is slightly higher in comparison with the banker. Therefore it can be convenient to bet on the banker. The only thing is that it will become very dull to keep betting on the banker, it is also very important to have fun!
- Betting on ‘Tie’: he pay out percentage you receive if you bet on tie is much higher then any other bet. That’s why a lot of baccarat players like to bet on tie. Mathematically seen this is more of a risk because tie does not occur very often.
- Recognizing patterns: some casino do promote this but actually it is not possible to recognize patterns because the decks are being shuffled after each match.
- Play with a minority of cards: the less the cards the higher your chance to win.
The rules of online baccarat with live dealer
In live casino online, your only opponent at Baccarat game is the banker. The aim is to get as close as possible to the 9 points. Baccarat is being played according to a standard protocol. Especially the rules about drawing a 3rd card are clearly documented in this protocol.
The count is as follows:
Ace = 1 point
2-9 = Each card represents his own value
K-Q-J-10 = each has a value of 0
In the case you draw 2 cards which together make 10 to 18 points, you always subtract 10 points. For example you draw a 7 and an 8, together this is 15. You subtract 10 points and the result you have on your hand is 5 points.
Baccarat online for real money
Baccarat begins with placing your bet. There are 3 possibilities:
- Bet on the banker (banco)
- Bet on the player (punto)
- Bet on Tie
Always check the website of the online casino at which you are playing to see what the minimum and maximum bets are.
After placing the bets, the dealer/banker will divide the cards. Every participant receives 2 cards. You can only see your own cards. It is called a ‘natural’ if either you or the banker has 8 or 9 points. The game is won by the person who has a natural. If you both have a natural then the player with the highest card wins, 9 always beats an 8. But in the case that both of you have the same points then it is called a Tie.
If none of you has an 8 or a 9 the game continuous and a third card will be drawn. To make things a little more clearly we made an overview of the possibilities for you:
- If the first 2 cards make a total of 6 or 7 you always pass
- If the total of the first 2 cards is 5 or lower you hit a 3rd card
- If the player does not hit a 3rd card, the banker may only hit a card if his/her total is equal to or lower then 5 points
If the case the player does hit a 3rd card, the banker only hits a 3rd card in the following circumstances:
- The total points of the cards of the banker are lower then 2
- The total points of the cards of the banker is 3 and the 3rd card of the player is not 8
- The total points of the cards of the banker is 4 and the 3rd card of the player is not 0/1/8/9
- The total points of the cards of the banker is 5 and the 3rd card of the player is 4/5/6/7
- The total points of the cards of the banker is 6 and the 3rd card of the player is 6/7
- If the banker has a total of 7 or higher the banker will pass